Friday, March 12, 2010

I've titled this one the biggest lie I've never told...

(Bad British Accent)
Picture a warm, sunny central California Valentine's Day. I was driving with my sweetie at the time (yes ladies, I'm single). I had planned a nice romantic dinner at the Red Lobster (love the biscuits). I had picked up... we'll call her Jen (that was her name) and was headed to Stockton Ca where the said sexy interlude was to take place. I had decided to take a scenic route, mostly due to traffic conditions on the 5.

As drove through the rolling plains of Lodi California, we would have to pass through a semi-industrial type area. As we drove, she kept trying to guess what the surprise was. And asking questions about it. "What is it??", "Where are we going??". I just smiled and giggled (giggle). "It's a surprise" I replied and gave her a wink. (It's me, it's what I do). Growing tired of trying break my iron will, she turned back to the window and just smiled, that smiled she had when she knew what was up and where were headed to The Red Lobster.

We continued along the road. The way I had chosen (completely by coincidence) lead us past an old white warehouse. It had been abandoned for years, kids played paintball in it. It was also featured in the classic film Karate Cop. As we neared the warehouse, I notice that someone had spray painted something alone the ENTIRE side of the building. I looked over at Jen, she was still in pre Lobster bliss and was looking out her window.

Now picture this giant white building and along the entire side someone (not I) had spray painted in huge red letters... "I HEART JEN" (they didn't spell out heart, they painted a heart). And as we neared it, I giggled (again) and pointed at it and said to my Jen, "Look".

Well she turned, and after a moment her eyes focused on the huge red lettering.....

"OH MY GOD!!".... "THAT"S AWESOME"... "THAT"S THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!" "I LOVE YOU!" .. . (she thought that, that was the surprise and that I had done that for her.... awkward! So how did I responded... what was the door I opened....

... I smiled and said "I love you too".... needless to say had hot sex that valentines day....

No comments:

Post a Comment