Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Conversation Subject: How much unused closet space I have in my apartment.
Person: Joyce S.

I started off early in the morning, heading west. The sun burning a hole in my back, my sherpa guide Eillor's pack loaded down with supplies and some sundries. We walked for what seemed like hours, no change in scenery. The vast open white tundra stretched out before us and behind us. It had been my goal reach the peak of Mt. Walkin by night fall. Then to explore the vast uncharted area of Closettania, and whatever lies beyond it.

I was determined to find the missing exploratory teams... or what remained of them. The latest being my brother, Nitsuj, he had said goodbye to my mother and me six months ago, headed out on a six week journey. Never to return. His dream was to find the ocean on the other side. I alone believed in his mission. As children, our Great Grandfather had told us stories of see the end of it all, the place where the "whiteness ends". It was the most perfect thing he had ever seen.

We decided to make camp for the night at the edge of the Grand Crack, where two of the great continental boards met up. It was home for the night and it was safe... or so we thought.

We made a small fire, and cooked our ration of spam, mmmmm spam. Just like my mother made for me, not as crunchy as her cornbread but filling non the less. As we sat and watched the embers from our fire float off into the white sky, we heard something....something wonderful.... something magical.... something coming from the bottom of the Great Crack. It was music. Wonderful, beautiful music (not that Jonas brothers crap) floated up and surrounded us.

As Eillor and listen to the wonderful tunes, our bodies began to twist and turn in strange new ways, that some how managed to defy gravity itself. As our popping and locking reach it's frenzied conclusion, out from the Great Crack a tribe of Pygmy Maoris (natives to this land) Pale and tiny (kinda like Robert Pattinson)emerged. And with them was my brother Nitsuj.

Nitsuj, sat with me for hours telling what had happen over the last six months. He had fallen into the Great Crack and broken his pinky finger. He team had left him, after getting really bored. The pygmies had taught him their ways and even made him their leader, cause he was taller. He told me to go home and "Tell mom I hate spam... and I'm gay."

I headed back in the morning... never to see my brother again. The "empty whiteness"... never ended.


No comments:

Post a Comment