Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I should just got ask her out. I mean... I think she's into me.... Man!! C'mon just do it. Suck it, be a man, cowboy up... all that shit!! Just don't think, DO!! She just got in the elevator, if you take the stairs you can catch her at the front door of the building. OK I'm doing it. As I head over to the stairwell, I see Fred out of the corner of my eye, DAMN IT not today Freddie I got shit to do. "Hey you coming over tonight?" Yep I say in mid stride I'm bringing the beer. He totally tries to give me a high five but I don't even notice. Hit the door to the stairwell and .... RRRRRIIIIIIINNNGGGG, it was alarmed. Oh well too late now might as well keep going. It's completely empty, typical no one uses the stairs anymore.

I grab the handle at the bottom floor and grimace for the alarm... nothing. They must have switched it off. Just as I exit the doorway, I see her unloading from the elevator with a herd of others. She totally looks at me, smiles and does that half wave thing you do when you find some one of the opposite sex kinda cute but you've never really talked to them. I, in return, do the male version of this, the "sup" nod. She heads for the revolving door at the main entrance. I casually follow, nothing to see here, not a guy about to half his ego crushed, which I don't even think is the worst part, the worst part is the "water cooler talk" the next day, you know where all the women chat, and you become that creepy guy who asks every women out. But I gotta go for it. As she exits the revolving door, her bag gets caught in between the door and wall thing. She drops it and papers, cell phone, makeup goes flying. NOW'S MY CHANCE!

I quickly march up to her and bend over to help her out. "Oh Thanks, Jim" Holy shit she knows my name!! This a good sign, don't screw it up. "Sure, no problem" I say, I'm working up to it! As she loads up her bag, and I help her with a few of the seeming endless supply of pens she has, she says "Got any big plans for the weekend?" Ummmm... "Not really" I reply, I am totally going to do it, I am going to ask this girl out!. "Me either.... I heard there is this new Boorinski film playing at the cinema" She said cinema... I say cinema. YES! THIS IS A SIGN! "Um yeah it's supposed to be his best one yet" I reply, and then she just kinda stands there... looking at me.

You know that moment when you're on a date with someone new, and it's nearing it's completion and everything went great and on both your minds is that first kiss, the nervousness, the excitement, the ANTICIPATION!!! YES! I was living all of it, from all time, every first kiss ever was now building up in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. As she stood there staring at my with her amazing blue eyes. I was a hero.

... Until I opened my mouth. "Did you get those SR-22 forms done?" She stands there for a second, I think the best word to use is... Stupefied, yeah that's the perfect word. She stood there STUPEFIED "...Yeah... they're on my desk." She turns and heads away. And I just stand there... staring... watching... waiting ... for the goddamn sky to fall in on me... but I did steal one of her pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment